2016 TLG Proposal Writing Competition
Sponsored by Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
Funding Opportunities for Alumni & Associates: The Leaders Guild held its first inaugural Proposal Writing Competition for its Members in January 2016. The goal of the competition was to provide members who had participated in the proposal writing workshops facilitated by TLG to practice their learning and possibly secure funds for proposed project. The top six proposals received total funding of 14,000 US dollars.
The goal of the competition was to provide members who had participated in the proposal writing workshops facilitated by Sr. Pat Bombard. Dr. J Murphy and Abena Apea in August and December 2015 with the opportunity:
- To learn and/or practice proposal writing skills.
- To think deeply about the organization, its goals and objectives, vision and what is needed to elevate the work.
- To experience the proposal submission process.
- To possibly secure funds for proposed project.
TLG accepted proposals that support projects in the following areas:
- Women, children, or families
- Clean water
- Food and agriculture
- Human trafficking
- Community development
Exclusions: Funds cannot be used for the following:
- INDIVIDUAL projects (grants must be made to an organization)
- Administrative salaries
- Large capital/construction projects that are more than Ksh. 300,000 permitted (US $3000) or must include an assurance that the project is also funded through additional sources.