News Press Release:
4th July 2017, Nairobi
The Leaders Guild: Second Annual Leadership Conference: Leading Change: The Challenge
Delegates to speak at Leading Change: The Challenge Conference at Tangaza University College on 14th July 2017 include the following:
- Carole Kariuki: Chief Executive Office, Kenya Private Sector Alliance
- Mr. Samuel Kimeu: Executive Director Transparency International
- Rev. Prof. Stephen Mbugua Ngari Vice-Chancellor Designate Tangaza University College
- Ms. Shamsia Ramadhan: Program Manager, Capacity for Inter religious Action at Catholic Relief Services
- Sr. Prof. A. L. Lando PhD: Daystar University, Communication Department
- Dr. Tim Kiruhi: Coordinator Executive Leadership Network and Chair of University of Nairobi Council
- Joram Mwinamo: Founder and Managing Director of Wylde International
The conference is an annual event organized by The Leaders Guild to continually empower and equip leaders to take appropriate action within their sphere of influence leading to positive transformation in the society. This year’s theme “Leading Change :The Challenge” is a follow up of The Leaders Guild first inaugural conference held last year on 7th Nov 2016 at Tangaza University College. Theme was “Leading with Integrity” and among a great team of conference speakers and panelists was Dr. Patrick N. Njoroge, Governor Central Bank of Kenya and Dr. Julius Kipngetich, C.E.O Uchumi Supermarket’s Ltd.
Delanyo Adadevoh, states that “A society cannot rise up above the character of its leaders” This sums up the leadership challenge Kenya is currently facing in addressing the issue of corruption and tribalism. It can be perceived as a reflection, of the values majority of Kenyan citizens uphold. As Kenya prepares for elections on 8th August 2017, there is need to inspire equip, empower leaders to uphold integrity and ethical values that helps us as a Nation to rise above the challenges and promote good governance.
About the Conference
The Conference targets 200 participants who are functional heads in both the public and private sectors. The sessions will begin at 8.30am with registration and opening remarks at 9.05am at Tangaza University College, Nuru Hall and will run until 4.30pm in the evening with tea and lunch breaks.
This include; a presentation from the five speakers, followed by panel discussions later in the afternoon. There will be display tables for like-minded partnering organizations to display their services and engage with participants.
The Leaders Guild welcomes leaders and managers from the public to register. Charge: KSh 1000 only and Students 500 this covers for conference materials and meals.